Sunday, January 8, 2012

Drowning in Words

Caught up, is there really such a thing? I am still at least three days behind the BIAM schedule.  To top it all off my writer friends have been praising this program I have never heard of before, so I go and download the free version of it and (gulp) I am in over my head.  I could navigate a submarine before I learn to navigate this thing.  I found a way to move my WIP over to the new program thinking "okay I will see what it does with this and maybe I'll have a clue."  Fat chance, I lost two whole sentences and still have no idea whats going on or how to add any more story.  So I feel I am drowning in a puddle of my own making.  Oh well hope I have better luck in the morning when I can see it through fresh eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Not to be discouraging Theresa, but in the middle of a big creative effort, such as writing your story, might not be the best time to tackle some complicated software.

    I know I was lucky I was setting up for NaNo about a week early so when I heard about Scrivener I had some time to play with it first before story time.

    Best of luck whatever you choose to do. If you do decide to stick with it, please share about it here or on the BIAM list? I'd love to here about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,
    I have saved my BIAM in word as well so I will be finishing there while I am playing with ywriter5.
    As this blog is meant to be my journey through my entire writing career and not just one project I am sure you will be hearing much more about it.

    ReplyDelete